Friday, November 12, 2010

THE IMPOSSIBLE

“Nothing is impossible the word itself says I’m possible" - Audrey Hepburn
This is a quote from one of the well known actresses in the world. This quote is the mantra I say to my self every morning, and sometimes I believe it; but Right now as in current day I am in the hospital my little sister (let’s call her Sarah) just got her wisdom teeth out. My older sister (let’s call her Carly) just found out in college that she has to go see a heart doctor my dad was no where to be found and everything feels impossible. So I think for and let my mind wander, I had my first kiss at age 3, my first boyfriend in grade 6, his name was “Ethan”, switched school at the end of grade six, had my first real kiss in grade 8 and didn’t feel anything, traveled the world always with a smile made my best friends Emma, Tessa, Jaime, Nicole, Nicky, Karley, Montana, Maddie, Hannah, Maya, Kyla and Jordyn (all real names). Yet here I am in the hospital alone, my friends don’t even no I am here. My life in grade six, seven and eight my life was a pattern friend chills sicknesses random nights at the hospital and now my sister started dealing with anorexia. On the outside my life looked perfect everything was a secret because, “what people no about you makes the person you are.” My dad would say I don’t agree with it though. It stayed the same in grade seven she was hospitalized and in grade eight she was my best friend. Carly had a chemical in balance so she was very fragile and her medicine didn’t work and when she smoked weed she hallucinated. At camp one summer she tricked me into bringing ad giving it to her friends. I started drinking at the end of grade even and had tried week but never with my sister. In grade nine Carly was sent away to Utah for rehab and I wasn’t asked back to camp. However I did get back in the next summer but with a huge warning. All of this though was just to be normal for me I wanted to impress her and not be “the walking disease” as that’s what she referred to me as. That’s when everything changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment